- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
Cal Poly holds on for 58-56 win over CS-Fullerton
Question of the Day
FULLERTON, Calif. (AP) - Jamal Johnson scored 12 points and Brian Bennett added 10 as Cal Poly edged Cal State-Fullerton for a 58-56 win on Thursday night.
Joel Awich hit a 3-pointer to give Cal Poly (8-10, 4-1 Big West) a 58-53 lead with 3:05 remaining, but it turned out to be the last time the Mustangs scored.
However, Cal Poly limited the Titans (6-12, 1-3) to just a point in the final 3 ½ minutes to hold on for the win. Alex Harris missed a jumper which would have tied the game with 2 seconds left for Cal State Fullerton.
Cal Poly scored 11 straight points early on, racing to a 17-5 lead. The Mustangs are off to its best Big West start in its program’s 18 years as a conference member.
Michael Williams led Cal State-Fullerton with 20 points.
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Let it roll: D.C. Council hits Las Vegas on taxpayer's dime, leaves $14,000 tab
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq