- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
- Friend of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev found guilty of impeding probe
- Train with MH17 plane crash bodies leaves rebel town in Ukraine
- Half of Colorado voters are OK with Hobby Lobby decision, poll shows
- HIV-killing condom to soon hit shelves in Australia
- Estonia pulls plug on Steven Seagal over praise for Putin
- Lawyer: Pelvic exam pics cost Hopkins $190 million
27K Conn. tax forms mailed out with identity errors
Question of the Day
WETHERSFIELD, Conn. — Connecticut’s Department of Labor says about 27,000 tax forms mailed out to people who collected unemployment compensation last year contain a printing error that has information about other people.
The department is required to report unemployment compensation payments of $10 or more on a form known as UC-1099G. The affected 27,000 forms contain the correct information at the top but include someone else’s information at the bottom.
The department is identifying the people potentially affected by the error. It says it plans to offer credit protection because the forms contain Social Security numbers.
Labor Commissioner Sharon Palmer has apologized for the inconvenience and urged people to check their forms for accuracy. The department is reprinting the forms and will mail out corrected versions.
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
- Rihanna, Dwight Howard delete #FreePalestine tweets
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- Driver who killed teen on bike sues family for $1.3 million
- Bill Maher blames Hamas for Gaza violence: 'Do you really expect the Israelis not to retaliate?'
- HUMPHRIES: 'Hes the Worst President in 70 Years'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq