- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Hour-long Gmail outage crippled email across U.S. and Europe
Google’s Gmail users across the United States, Canada and Europe were impacted when their feee email service went down for about an hour Friday afternoon.
The service resumed shortly after 3 p.m.
Earlier, Google released a statement: “We’re investigating reports of an issue with Gmail. We will provide more information shortly.”
The email service outage prompted the Twitter hashtag #gmail to start trending almost immediately.
“For everyone worrying about the #Gmail outage, rest assured that your messages are safely being restored by the NSA,” joked Twitter user Ian Gertler.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: 'I hope you die in prison'
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Elderly Chicago man robs bank to go 'home' to prison; judge fulfills his desire
- Attacks, rapes and forced conversions to Islam spike for Egypt's Christian women: report
Latest Blog Entries
- HuffPo: Denying women 'moral abortions' destroys 'soul freedom'
- Rangel's race taunt: Tea party a bunch of 'white crackers'
- Limbaugh: Fox News wouldn't let me criticize GOP
- Anthony Weiner: Expect more lewd photos to surface during N.Y. mayoral campaign
- Obama meets with illegal immigrants to discuss reform
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Vulnerable Democrats must 'run their own race'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'
- WILLIAMS: Bill Maher, comedian or bigot?
- NYT's David Brooks: Obama has 'manhood problem' in Middle East
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.