- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Huckabee’s comments on birth control gift for Dems
Question of the Day
“The Democrats and their accomplices in the media want you to think what I said is unpopular and outdated. They are going to look at our PAC’s fundraising and say, ‘See we told you so,’” Huckabee wrote to allies.
The GOP has struggled to win back female voters and has worked to soften its rhetoric on reproductive rights. As part of Democrats’ national health care law, insurers have to provide free contraception.
Huckabee’s prescription might complicate that effort and diminish enthusiasm for his name appearing among the potential Republican contenders.
Huckabee ran for the White House in 2008 and has kept in touch with the party activists in Iowa and South Carolina who were with him then. At the same time, he has been talking with allies who would help him raise money if he decides to run.
Follow Philip Elliott on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/philip_elliott
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Sarah Palin's online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Feds accept boredom, lack of work as excuses for surfing porn on clock
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world