- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Manhattan’s fast start beats Rider, 67-51
RIVERDALE, N.Y. (AP) - George Beamon scored 21 points and grabbed nine rebounds as Manhattan built a 16-point lead in the first half and cruised to a 67-51 win over Rider Friday night.
The Jaspers (14-4, 7-2 Metro Atlantic), who tied last year’s win total, raced to a 21-5 lead midway through the first half.
Beamon was 7 of 19 from the field but hit 6 of 7 from the line as Manhattan shot 42.6 percent from the floor (23 of 54) and out-rebounded the Broncs 42-35. Michael Alvarado and Ashton Pankey contributed 12 and 11 points, respectively.
Daniel Stewart scored 17 points and Zedric Sadler added another 15 to lead Rider (9-4, 5-2), which struggled from the field, hitting just 13 of 49 field goal attempts (26.5 percent.) Rider committed 17 turnovers while Manhattan collected nine steals and blocked 11 shots.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- CPAC 2014: Rand Paul urges conservatives to fight for liberty
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Soldier who hid to avoid saluting the flag to be punished in secret; Army won't release details
- EDITORIAL: Connecticut revolts against gun controls that could criminalize 300,000
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
- MILLER: Donald Trump says hes a Tea Party member
- Couple from Ethiopia begin new life in Dubuque
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again