- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
O’Reilly lifts Avs past Panthers 3-2
Question of the Day
SUNRISE, Fla. (AP) - Ryan O'Reilly is on a roll.
O'Reilly wasted little time in making his presence felt. His goal came at 1:34 in. Matt Duchene missed a wraparound shot but O'Reilly grabbed the rebound and sneaked it past Thomas in the corner of the net to make it 1-0.
The goal was O'Reilly’s team-leading 19th, a new career high, and his fifth in the past six games.
“If you put doubt in their minds, that’s a huge thing. Getting a couple early is always going to set them back,” O'Reilly said. “We started good and that start won it for us.”
Colorado won for the fifth time in six games.
Trailing 3-0, the Panthers scored twice in the third to make it interesting.
The Panthers made it 3-1 on Upshall’s goal at 5:18 of the third. Tomas Fleischmann swept the puck from behind the net to Upshall in the crease. Upshall pushed the puck past Varlamov’s right leg and into the net for his 100th career goal.
“We were playing desperate. I thought we picked up our pace. We were kind of carrying the momentum,” Upshall said.
The Panthers outshot Colorado 20-6 in the final period, including 15-0 in the last 13:13.
“We certainly had urgency in the third. We had a ton of chances to tie it up and it didn’t happen,” Panthers coach Peter Horachek said.
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Gen. James Amos, Marine Corps commandant, slams Obama's handling of Iraq
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq