- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
O’Reilly lifts Avs past Panthers 3-2
Question of the Day
SUNRISE, Fla. (AP) - Ryan O'Reilly is on a roll.
O'Reilly wasted little time in making his presence felt. His goal came at 1:34 in. Matt Duchene missed a wraparound shot but O'Reilly grabbed the rebound and sneaked it past Thomas in the corner of the net to make it 1-0.
The goal was O'Reilly’s team-leading 19th, a new career high, and his fifth in the past six games.
“If you put doubt in their minds, that’s a huge thing. Getting a couple early is always going to set them back,” O'Reilly said. “We started good and that start won it for us.”
Colorado won for the fifth time in six games.
Trailing 3-0, the Panthers scored twice in the third to make it interesting.
The Panthers made it 3-1 on Upshall’s goal at 5:18 of the third. Tomas Fleischmann swept the puck from behind the net to Upshall in the crease. Upshall pushed the puck past Varlamov’s right leg and into the net for his 100th career goal.
“We were playing desperate. I thought we picked up our pace. We were kind of carrying the momentum,” Upshall said.
The Panthers outshot Colorado 20-6 in the final period, including 15-0 in the last 13:13.
“We certainly had urgency in the third. We had a ton of chances to tie it up and it didn’t happen,” Panthers coach Peter Horachek said.
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Obama takes aim at 'corporate deserters'
- Crime-ridden U.S. cities differ on ways to fight gun violence
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq