- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
O’Reilly lifts Avs past Panthers 3-2
Question of the Day
SUNRISE, Fla. (AP) - Ryan O'Reilly is on a roll.
O'Reilly wasted little time in making his presence felt. His goal came at 1:34 in. Matt Duchene missed a wraparound shot but O'Reilly grabbed the rebound and sneaked it past Thomas in the corner of the net to make it 1-0.
The goal was O'Reilly’s team-leading 19th, a new career high, and his fifth in the past six games.
“If you put doubt in their minds, that’s a huge thing. Getting a couple early is always going to set them back,” O'Reilly said. “We started good and that start won it for us.”
Colorado won for the fifth time in six games.
Trailing 3-0, the Panthers scored twice in the third to make it interesting.
The Panthers made it 3-1 on Upshall’s goal at 5:18 of the third. Tomas Fleischmann swept the puck from behind the net to Upshall in the crease. Upshall pushed the puck past Varlamov’s right leg and into the net for his 100th career goal.
“We were playing desperate. I thought we picked up our pace. We were kind of carrying the momentum,” Upshall said.
The Panthers outshot Colorado 20-6 in the final period, including 15-0 in the last 13:13.
“We certainly had urgency in the third. We had a ton of chances to tie it up and it didn’t happen,” Panthers coach Peter Horachek said.
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world