- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
- HUMPRHIES: The Liberal Bully of the Week is …
- Secret Service threatened to kill Mr. Met if he got close to Clinton, mascot claims
O’Reilly lifts Avs past Panthers 3-2
SUNRISE, Fla. (AP) - Ryan O'Reilly is on a roll.
O'Reilly wasted little time in making his presence felt. His goal came at 1:34 in. Matt Duchene missed a wraparound shot but O'Reilly grabbed the rebound and sneaked it past Thomas in the corner of the net to make it 1-0.
The goal was O'Reilly’s team-leading 19th, a new career high, and his fifth in the past six games.
“If you put doubt in their minds, that’s a huge thing. Getting a couple early is always going to set them back,” O'Reilly said. “We started good and that start won it for us.”
Colorado won for the fifth time in six games.
Trailing 3-0, the Panthers scored twice in the third to make it interesting.
The Panthers made it 3-1 on Upshall’s goal at 5:18 of the third. Tomas Fleischmann swept the puck from behind the net to Upshall in the crease. Upshall pushed the puck past Varlamov’s right leg and into the net for his 100th career goal.
“We were playing desperate. I thought we picked up our pace. We were kind of carrying the momentum,” Upshall said.
The Panthers outshot Colorado 20-6 in the final period, including 15-0 in the last 13:13.
“We certainly had urgency in the third. We had a ton of chances to tie it up and it didn’t happen,” Panthers coach Peter Horachek said.
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.