- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
Reese leads Colorado women past Arizona, 68-47
BOULDER, Colo. (AP) - Jen Reese put the brakes on Colorado’s freefall by scoring 22 points to spark the Buffalos past Arizona, 68-47 Friday night.
Colorado (12-6, 2-5 Pac-12), ranked No. 11 in Week Seven, had lost six of its past eight games going into Friday’s game - including 10-point losses to unranked Washington State and Washington last week.
Coming into Friday’s game Colorado was shooting just 37.1 percent from the field and 63.5 percent from the line. Against the Wildcats the Buffaloes shot 24 of 48 (50 percent) from the field and 13 of 19 from the line (68.4 percent).
Reese shot 8 for 13 from the field and was 6 of 7 from the line. Lauren Huggins added 15 points, Brittany Wilson 12 and Arielle Roberson pulled down 10 rebounds.
Candice Warthen scored 14 points to lead Arizona (4-14, 0-7), which struggled with 20 turnovers while Colorado collected five blocked shots.
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
- Inside the Beltway: A new interest in Rahm Emanuel for 2016?
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- David Jolly wins in Florida, GOP keeps swing district seat
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Brennan: Russia 'absolutely' could invade eastern Ukraine
- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- White House touts leadership in handling of crisis in Ukraine, despite lack of results
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to 'man up' in horse carriage fight
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again