- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Teen accuses Guam teacher of rape 6 years later
The alleged victim, now 17, told police that Francis Jude Taitano got drunk and raped her in 2007 as she cried.
Taitano is charged with first-degree criminal sexual conduct and two counts of second-degree criminal sexual conduct.
“The offense takes place almost seven years ago, and there is no allegations that this was an ongoing event,” defense attorney Mark Kondas said.
Assistant Attorney General Jordan Leidel said it’s not known whether the girl visited Taitano of her own volition or what her feelings about visiting were, the Pacific Daily News reported Friday (http://ow.ly/sVfbu ).
But Taitano was ordered to remain jailed on $75,000 cash bail during a court hearing, where he appeared via video conference at the Judiciary of Guam Northern Satellite.
Department of Education Deputy Superintendent Robb Malay said the agency is aware of the allegations and will determine if any action will be taken.
Information from: Pacific Daily News: http://www.guampdn.com
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.