- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
UC Irvine tops Cal State Northridge 72-67
Question of the Day
IRVINE, Calif. (AP) - Luke Nelson scored 14 points Thursday night and Mamadou Ndiaye had 10 points, 10 rebounds and seven blocks as UC Irvine held off Cal State Northridge 72-67.
Chris McNealy scored 12, Alex Young 10, and the Anteaters (13-7, 4-0 Big West) blocked 13 shots by the Matadors (10-10, 2-3).
The Matadors jumped to a 5-1 lead, but Ndiaye made a dunk and a jumper, sparking a 16-0 run and a 36-29 halftime lead for UC Irvine.
Stephen Maxwell’s jumper to open the second half pulled the Matadors to within five, but the Anteaters hit five 3-pointers and built a 10-point lead. The Matadors made it a three-point game on Maxwell’s jumper with 1:54 to play, but Young made a layup and UC Irvine made seven free throws in the final 43 seconds to win.
Maxwell finished with 21 and 15 rebounds, Aaron Parks scored 14, and Stephan Hicks 10.
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- MSNBC's Ronan Farrow questions lack of racial diversity in emoji characters
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama vows veto of House border bill
- ISTOOK: Get ready for super-priced burgers due to NLRB decree
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world