- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
University of Texas to get $60M from foundation
Question of the Day
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - The Houston-based Mulva Family Foundation has pledged $60 million to the University of Texas in Austin.
The gift announced Friday involves the foundation established by retired Houston oil executive Jim Mulva and his wife, Miriam. The funds will support the McCombs School of Business and the Cockrell School of Engineering.
The money will help build a new $310 million Engineering Education and Research Center, including a conference center and auditorium named for the couple.
Mulva, who’s a former chairman and CEO of ConocoPhillips, earned undergraduate and graduate degrees at Texas in 1968 and 1969. He served in the U.S. Navy and was stationed in Bahrain with Bill Powers, who is now UT’s president.
The Mulvas began their philanthropy to UT in 1986 with a $100 donation to the business school.
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Democratic Sen. John Walsh plagiarized War College master's thesis: report
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Hezbollah warring in Syria could join fight against Israel
- Netanyahu's Wikipedia page replaced with giant Palestinian flag
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Pro-Russia rebel commander suggests passengers died days before Malaysian flight
- TYRRELL: The birth of a new alignment in the Middle East
- Despite rhetoric, gun prosecutions plummet under Obama
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq