- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
US Airways closing flight center at Pittsburgh
IMPERIAL, Pa. (AP) - US Airways is closing its 600-employee flight operations center at Pittsburgh International Airport over the next 18 months.
The airline announced the move Friday.
The airline is merging with American Airlines in a $17.8 billion deal approved in December, but US Airways and American continue to operate separately until the Federal Aviation Administration grants the new entity - American Airlines Group - a unified operating certificate.
The move to close the flight operations center comes as the merged airline plans to move the jobs to the American Airlines Integrated Operations Control Center in Dallas Fort-Worth. That’s where American is headquartered and the combined airline will be based.
American says most of the dispatchers and other employees will be given the chance to transfer, though an unspecified number are expected to be cut through voluntary attrition.
TWT Video Picks
By Joy Overbeck
Redemption by government is futile
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Elderly Chicago man robs bank to go 'home' to prison; judge fulfills his desire
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- Chavez seizes Cargill factory
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.