- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
- Detroit porch shooting trial: Suspect says he didn’t know gun was loaded
- U.S. Navy admiral ‘receptive’ to giving Chinese counterpart a tour of carrier
Banks leads Southern U past Alabama A&M 66-52
Question of the Day
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) - Trelun Banks hit 11 of 13 free throws en route to 15 points to lead Southern University to a 66-52 win over Alabama A&M; on Saturday.
Javan Mitchell added 13 points, hitting 7 of 8 free throws, and YonDarius Johnson had 11 for the Jaguars (10-10, 6-1 Southwestern Athletic Conference).
Jeremy Crutcher led the Bulldogs (6-10, 3-3) with 16. A&M; shot just 34 percent.
Southern built a 33-25 halftime lead by hitting 15 of 19 free throws. A&M; pulled within 46-44 when Jose Long made one of two free throws but Banks responded with a three-point play and Damien Goodwin made two free throws as the Jaguars pulled away. Malcolm Miller knocked down a 3 at 1:34 to make it 60-49.
Southern ended up 29 of 37 from the foul line and out-rebounded the Bulldogs 41-28.
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
- House panel OKs resolution to sue president for Obamacare delays
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Astronaut shares 'saddest photo' from space: Bombs bursting over Israel, Gaza
- EDITORIAL: Obamacare enrollees faking for freebies
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq