- Hamid Karzai’s cousin killed by suicide bomber at Eid al-Fitr party
- Obama thanks Muslims for ‘building the very fabric of our nation’
- Israel flattens home of top Hamas leader, takes out power plant
- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
Denver defeats Western Illinois 67-55
Question of the Day
MACOMB, Ill. (AP) - Chris Udofia scored 17 points to lead Denver to a 67-55 victory over Western Illinois on Saturday night.
Udofia shot 5 of 6 from the floor and finished with five assists. Denver’s Cam Griffin, who entered the game with the best field goal percentage in The Summit League at 83.3 percent, shot just 1 of 5 from the field and had four points.
The Pioneers (10-10, 3-2 Summit) went on a 7-0 run before the break that put them ahead 28-16, which proved critical in the outcome. Both teams scored 39 points in the second half.
Western Illinois held a 31-18 advantage on the glass, but 19 turnovers led to 15 points for Denver. Garret Covington led the Leathernecks (8-12, 2-3) with 12 points.
The Pioneers turned the ball over nine times, the 12th time this season that Denver has had 10 turnovers or fewer.
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq