- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- African leader cancels trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Sarah Palin’s online channel hits snag when Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- SWAT spends seven hours in standoff with empty home
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Iran’s Rouhani: Israel, Islamic State are ‘tumors derived from the same origin’
- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
Incarnate Word beats cold-shooting Lamar, 75-64
Question of the Day
SAN ANTONIO (AP) - Denzel Livingston scored 27 points as Incarnate Word won its first-ever meeting with Lamar, 75-64, Saturday.
The Southland Conference newcomers also got a 21-point performance from Anthony Horton, who pulled down eight rebounds.
The two teams, which are both nicknamed the Cardinals, had not met until UIW joined the Southland Conference this season despite the fact that both schools are from Texas.
Lamar (2-18, 1-7 Southland) ended its 14-game losing streak Thursday, beating Abilene Christian, but converted just 19 of 45 shots from the field and was 7 of 21 from the field in the second half. Nimrod Hilliard had 14 points to lead the offensive effort, with Donovan Ross adding 11 and Anthony Holliday 10.
Incarnate Word (16-3, 4-2) shot 29 of 61 from the field (47.5 percent) and took 16 more shots, hitting 8 of 18 from long range.
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world