- Parents outraged after white supremacists plant racist Easter eggs
- Atheists sue N.J. school over ‘under God’ in Pledge of Allegiance
- Obama hosting annual Easter Egg Roll
- Big Bang a big question for most Americans: Poll
- Jimmy Carter’s grandson: People have right to sport Confederate battle flag license plate
- Supreme Court issues no ruling on case challenging N.J. gun law
- Sharyl Attkisson: Media Matters ‘clearly targeted me’
- Sherpas consider boycott after Everest avalanche
- Democrat Rep. Stephen Lynch on Obamacare: ‘We will lose seats’ this November
- Syria to hold presidential election on June 3
Mark McMorris fractures rib in slopestyle final
ASPEN, Colo. (AP) - Olympic gold-medal favorite Mark McMorris of Canada fractured a rib during a crash in the Winter X Games slopestyle finals Saturday - an injury he says will not derail his road to Sochi.
McMorris caught his snowboard on the lip of a rail and landed hard on the bar, then slid down on his right side before hitting the snow. He stayed on the ground for a few minutes before riding down the hill under his own power.
He was treated and released from the hospital, where X-rays showed he had a fractured rib but no other damage.
Several hours later, he released a statement: “I will continue as planned with traveling to Europe tomorrow and recovering for the Olympics. While I’m sore, I’m continuing on my road to Sochi.”
McMorris finished second on the strength of an earlier run.
Another Canadian, Max Parrot, turned in the winning score (96.33) on his final run, which forced McMorris (95.66) to push harder in his last run to go for the win.
“I lost my focus,” McMorris said a few minutes after the crash. “It’s too bad because I really wanted to do stuff here.”
If McMorris isn’t able to compete in Sochi, it would help Shaun White, a five-time X Games slopestyle champion. White skipped this year’s X Games so he could train about 100 miles away in Copper Mountain.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Jimmy Carter's grandson: People have right to sport Confederate battle flag license plate
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Twitter blocks accounts critical of Turkish government
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.