- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Mark McMorris fractures rib in slopestyle final
Question of the Day
ASPEN, Colo. (AP) - Olympic gold-medal favorite Mark McMorris of Canada fractured a rib during a crash in the Winter X Games slopestyle finals Saturday - an injury he says will not derail his road to Sochi.
McMorris caught his snowboard on the lip of a rail and landed hard on the bar, then slid down on his right side before hitting the snow. He stayed on the ground for a few minutes before riding down the hill under his own power.
He was treated and released from the hospital, where X-rays showed he had a fractured rib but no other damage.
Several hours later, he released a statement: “I will continue as planned with traveling to Europe tomorrow and recovering for the Olympics. While I’m sore, I’m continuing on my road to Sochi.”
McMorris finished second on the strength of an earlier run.
Another Canadian, Max Parrot, turned in the winning score (96.33) on his final run, which forced McMorris (95.66) to push harder in his last run to go for the win.
“I lost my focus,” McMorris said a few minutes after the crash. “It’s too bad because I really wanted to do stuff here.”
If McMorris isn’t able to compete in Sochi, it would help Shaun White, a five-time X Games slopestyle champion. White skipped this year’s X Games so he could train about 100 miles away in Copper Mountain.
By Isaac Orr
New carbon-dioxide rules would put America in the dark
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors