- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Ukraine’s Crimea seeks to become independent state
- Ex-Gov. Christie aides to judge: Quash subpoenas
- Rich Peverley collapses on Dallas Stars bench; game postponed
- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
Seilund leads Fairleigh Dickinson past CCSU 86-73
HACKENSACK, N.J. (AP) - Mathias Seilund scored 18 points, pulled down nine boards and blocked three shots to lead Fairleigh Dickinson past Central Connecticut State 86-73 Saturday.
Sidney Sanders, Jr. added 12 points, 10 assists and five steals, while Scooter Gillette had 13 points and seven rebounds. Kyle Pearson finished with 12 points and Matt MacDonald 11. Fairleigh Dickinson (5-14, 1-5 Northeast Conference) shot 53.3 percent (32 of 60) from the floor.
Sanders found Gillette for a layup with 9:16 to play in the first half, capping a 22-2 run by the Knights which extended their lead to 33-11. They took a 45-30 advantage into halftime and CCSU (8-12, 4-2) trailed by double-digits the rest of the way.
Faronte Drakeford paced the Blue Devils with 20 points. Matt Mobley added 15 and Malcolm McMillan 14. CCSU made just 3 of 13 (23.1 percent) from 3-point range.
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- EDITORIAL: Senate Democrats pointless all-night global warming talkathon
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- Man with stolen passport on missing jet is asylum seeker
- Al Qaeda to launch English-language Web magazine 'Resurgence'
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again