- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
Wisconsin extends Andersen’s contract
Question of the Day
MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Wisconsin’s university athletic board has approved a one-year contract extension for football coach Gary Andersen.
The contract now lasts through January 2019. Financial terms were not announced.
Andersen agreed to a five-year deal worth $10 million when he arrived from Utah State a year ago. He made $1.8 million in 2013, and the contract called for $100,000 raises each of the next four years.
Andersen’s first season in Madison was largely a success. Wisconsin finished 9-4 in 2013, falling to South Carolina in the Capital One Bowl.
The Wisconsin athletic board also approved contract extensions for its men’s and women’s soccer coaches. First-year women’s volleyball coach Kelly Sheffield’s contract was also extended after the team went to the NCAA finals.
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world