- Beer-flavored lollipops make debut: ‘An All-American slam-dunk’
- Gabby Giffords’ gun control push gets high-profile speaker: Bill Clinton
- Tony Blair to warn West: Take sides against radical Islam
- Pfc. Bradley Manning’s name change to Chelsea heads to court
- NYPD’s attempt at positive Twitter outreach campaign proves to be an epic fail
- Michigan man among first in U.S. to get ‘bionic eye’
- JetBlue pilots vote to unionize; 2 previous attempts failed
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with ‘full-time’ robots
- Navy’s military dolphins may meet Putin’s porpoises in Black Sea
- Forget the Porsche — it’s the guy with the Prius that attracts the ladies, poll shows
Wisconsin extends Andersen’s contract
MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Wisconsin’s university athletic board has approved a one-year contract extension for football coach Gary Andersen.
The contract now lasts through January 2019. Financial terms were not announced.
Andersen agreed to a five-year deal worth $10 million when he arrived from Utah State a year ago. He made $1.8 million in 2013, and the contract called for $100,000 raises each of the next four years.
Andersen’s first season in Madison was largely a success. Wisconsin finished 9-4 in 2013, falling to South Carolina in the Capital One Bowl.
The Wisconsin athletic board also approved contract extensions for its men’s and women’s soccer coaches. First-year women’s volleyball coach Kelly Sheffield’s contract was also extended after the team went to the NCAA finals.
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- Ministry of Truth: SCOTUS skeptical of law to police campaign 'lies'
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- HURT: President Obama's 'Selfie Doctrine'
- SOWELL: The high cost of liberalism, open spaces and affordable housing
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren: 'I'm not running for president'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.