- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Alleyne, Oregon beat Washington 101-85
Question of the Day
EUGENE, Oregon (AP) - Jillian Alleyne scored 34 points and grabbed 25 rebounds, both season highs, as Oregon completed a home-court sweep of the Washington Pac-12 schools in defeating the Huskies 101-85 on Sunday.
Alleyne earned her 17th double-double of the season in the first 15 minutes of play, while Lexi Petersen added 23 points and eight rebounds for the Oregon (11-8, 2-6). The Ducks broke the 100 point scoring mark for its first time in conference play.
Washington (10-9, 3-5) trailed Oregon 46-42 at the break but went up 49-47 in the second period on a Mercedes Wetmore basket.
The lead seesawed until Oregon put the game away by going on a 20-8 run, capped by a Chrishae Rowe 3. Washington was forced to foul and the Ducks made 9 of 10 in finishing.
Jazmine Davis scored 30 points and Kelsey Plum added 23 for Washington.
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq