- Landslide hits Indian village, 150 may be trapped
- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
- Israel accused of striking U.N. school, killing at least 15
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
Australian Open glance
Question of the Day
MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) - A look at the 14th day of the Australian Open tennis championships on Sunday:
WEATHER: Sunny with a high of 27 Celsius (81 Fahrenheit).
ATTENDANCE: 22,427. Total for tournament: 643,280.
FINAL WINNERS: Men singles: No. 8 Stanislas Wawrinka. Mixed doubles: Kristina Mladenovic and Daniel Nestor.
FINAL LOSERS: Men's singles: No. 1 Rafael Nadal. Mixed doubles: Sania Mirza and Horia Tecau (6).
STAT OF THE DAY: 36: The number of Grand Slams it took Wawrinka to win his first major title.
QUOTE OF THE DAY: "I still don't know if I'm dreaming or not, but we'll see tomorrow morning." - Wawrinka accepting the Australian Open men's trophy.
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Ticket me Elmo? NYC mulls law for impersonators
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Government OKs Arab-owned company Gulftainer to operate U.S. cargo port
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world