- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
DUO CIVIL WARS’ FUTURE IN DOUBT DESPITE GRAMMY WIN
Question of the Day
The future of the country duo The Civil Wars is in doubt, but not the group's popularity.
John Paul White and Joy Williams won their third Grammy in three years, taking best country duo/group performance for "From This Valley."
The song appeared on the duo's self-titled second album, which was released after White and Williams decided to take a break from working together.
The win was something of a surprise, coming against Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton; Kelly Clarkson and Vince Gill; Tim McGraw, Taylor Swift and Keith Urban; and Little Big Town.
"I'd like to apologize to Dolly Parton for depriving her of anything at all," White joked. "She's one of my biggest heroes."
White made no mention of Williams, who did not accompany him to the stage but has been in attendance during Grammy Week.
- Chris Talbott - Twitter, www.twitter.com/chris_talbott
EDITOR'S NOTE - Show Bits brings you the 56th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles through the eyes of Associated Press journalists. Follow them on Twitter where available with the handles listed after each item.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors