- Oregonians flee in face of fast-moving wildfire as homes go up in blaze
- Eric Holder: ‘Racial animus’ fuels opposition to Obama and me
- Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl to return to active duty at Fort Sam Houston
- Israel says it’s downed drone along southern coast
- Despite offensive, Gaza rockets still hit Israel
- Extra-time goal gives Germany World Cup title over Argentina
- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
Girl escapes serious injury in fall from ski-lift
Question of the Day
MAHWAH, N.J. (AP) - A young girl apparently escaped serious injury when she fell about 25 feet from a ski-lift chair at a resort in northern New Jersey.
Bergen County Police tell The Record (http://bit.ly/1civVmz) that the 6-year-old girl was riding in a ski-lift chair with her mother at Campgaw Mountain in Mahwah when the accident occurred shortly after 5 p.m. Saturday.
Authorities say the child never lost consciousness and didn’t appear to suffer any serious injuries. But she was taken to a hospital for treatment.
The child’s name was not disclosed. Authorities say she may have panicked and failed to get off the ski-lift chair in time, but the cause of the accident remains under investigation.
Information from: The Record (Woodland Park, N.J.), http://www.northjersey.com
TWT Video Picks
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
- DOJ investigates Nebraska parade float critical of Obama
- Agency scrubs Malia Obama photos at White House's request: report
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Emeryville, Calif., police chief: Guns aren't for defense
- Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi formerly a U.S. captive
- KUHNER: Will Russia-Ukraine be Europe's next war?
- Germany wins World Cup title on Mario Goetze goal in extra time
- Obama's 'blank check' rejected as border solution
- New York City creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs