- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
UMKC tops CS Bakersfield 70-69 on late 3-pointer
Question of the Day
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (AP) - Frank Williams, Jr., hit a 3-pointer with 4 seconds to play and Martez Harrison finished with 19 points, six rebounds, five assists and three steals as Kansas City topped Cal State Bakersfield 70-69 Saturday night.
Issiah Grayson hit a pair of free throws to give Bakersfield (8-12, 1-5 Western Athletic Conference) a 67-62 lead with 1:24 to play. Nelson Kirksey’s 3-pointer six seconds later pulled the Kangaroos within two before Harrison’s steal and layup tied the game with 47 seconds remaining.
Brandon Barnes’ layup with 15 seconds left gave the Roadrunners a 69-67 advantage, setting up Williams‘ heroics.
Grayson missed a last-second 3-pointer.
Kirksey finished with 13 points and Williams scored 12.
Grayson and Javonte Maynor scored 16 points apiece for the Roadrunners, while Barnes added 12. Aly Ahmed finished with 12 points, 11 rebounds, two steals and three blocked shots.
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- Obama takes aim at 'corporate deserters'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq