- Argentina beats Dutch in shootout to reach World Cup final
- Tanard Jackson suspended indefinitely by NFL — again
- FAA investigating fireworks drone flights
- Pentagon: We’ll give Obama a drone strike with al-Baghdadi’s name on it
- Marine in Mexican custody to get day in court after 101 days
- Senate OKs San Antonio mayor as housing secretary
- NFL star likely fooled by Marine impostor who accepted first-class plane ticket
- Sen. Ted Cruz tweets Obama directions from fundraisers to border towns
- Israel hits key Hamas targets in Gaza offensive
- Ten-year sentence for New Orleans’ Nagin on graft charges
Carroll: NFL should see if medicinal pot can help
Question of the Day
JERSEY CITY, N.J. (AP) - Pete Carroll is in support of the NFL looking further into whether medicinal marijuana could be beneficial for players.
The Seattle Seahawks coach said Monday he supports Commissioner Roger Goodell’s message last week that the league could consider medicinal marijuana as a treatment if science proved it could be beneficial for players who have suffered concussions.
Carroll says regardless of the stigmas involved, the medicinal value should be examined, “because the world of medicine is trying to do the exact same thing and figure it out and they’re coming to some conclusions.”
Sunday’s Super Bowl matchup between the Seahawks and Broncos features the two states where recreational marijuana use is legal: Washington and Colorado.
AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org
By Ted Cruz
Banning speech with a constitutional amendment is playing with fire
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
- White House plans for bowling alley upgrades abruptly canceled
- Obama requests $3.7 billion to fight surge of illegals
- GORDON: Russia plays its own game away from the World Cup
- Islamic militants aim to take Baghdad airport
- Power grab: EPA wants to garnish wages of polluters
- Malaysian MP not sorry for tweeting 'long live Hitler' after Germany win
- Costco to re-stock Dinesh D'Souza's 'America' after public outry
- EDITORIAL: Whats Obama hiding at illegal-alien 'refugee' camps?
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener