- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
NJ plans DWI crackdown during Super Bowl week
HACKENSACK, N.J. (AP) - As hundreds of thousands of revelers head to the state for the Super Bowl, New Jersey law enforcement officials have launched a multiagency effort to combat drunken driving.
Acting state Attorney General John Hoffman said Monday that “The Sobriety Blitz” combines the efforts of state police and the divisions of Highway Traffic Safety and Alcoholic Beverage Control.
Hoffman says arrest data shows Super Bowl Sunday rivals other major holidays for drunken driving arrests. He said stepped-up patrols and enforcement are the most effective measures to help stop drunk driving before, during and after the Super Bowl, which will be played Sunday at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford.
Twenty-one police departments in communities near the stadium will get $4,000 state grants to increase saturation patrols and sobriety checkpoints.
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.