- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Texas teen given probation for accidental shooting
MONTAGUE, Texas (AP) - An 18-year-old has been sentenced to five years of probation after pleading guilty in the accidental shooting death of his friend, a North Texas high school football player.
The Dallas Morning News reports (http://dallasne.ws/LhbQ5Q ) that Michael Bryce Underwood was sentenced on Monday during a court hearing in Montague after pleading guilty to criminally negligent homicide.
Authorities say that Underwood, 18-year-old Nathan Maki and two 18-year-old women were on a Labor Day weekend campout last year when Maki was accidentally shot. The group had planned to go dove hunting.
In a victim impact statement read in court Monday, Maki’s mother, Bonnie Tatera, said she forgave Underwood for the shooting.
Montague County District Attorney Paige Williams said the plea agreement was “the right outcome for everybody involved.”
Information from: The Dallas Morning News, http://www.dallasnews.com
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.