15 pregnant sheep die in Parkston barn fire

Story Topics
Question of the Day

Is it still considered bad form to talk politics during a social gathering?

View results

PARKSTON, S.D. (AP) - A weekend barn fire northeast of Parkston killed 15 pregnant sheep.

Fire Chief Todd Lucas tells The Daily Republic (http://bit.ly/1f8FFyg ) that an electric heat lamp or a water tank heater likely caused the fire at the William Boddicker residence on Sunday night.

Lucas says flames had engulfed the barn by the time firefighters arrived, but they were able to quickly knock down the fire and save a nearby house.


Information from: The Daily Republic, http://www.mitchellrepublic.com

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

blog comments powered by Disqus
TWT Video Picks