- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Sarah Palin’s online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- SWAT spends seven hours in standoff with empty home
Arpaio’s lawyers say fees request excessive
Question of the Day
PHOENIX (AP) - Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s lawyers say a request for approximately $7 million in legal fees and costs for lawyers who won a racial profiling suit is astonishingly excessive.
The lawyers for the plaintiffs in the case have said their fee request is reasonable because the case involved nearly six years of work.
Arpaio’s lawyers dispute that and say the amount sought should be drastically reduced. Their response says the lawyers’ hourly rates are too high and that there’s been massive and inefficient overstaffing and duplication of efforts.
U.S. District Judge Murray Snow ruled that Arpaio’s office systematically singled out Latinos in its traffic enforcement and special immigration patrols.
The sheriff’s office is appealing Snow’s ruling and his appointment of a monitor to ensure the agency isn’t making unconstitutional arrests
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world