- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Fort Lee, NJ, mayor to attend State of the Union
Question of the Day
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) - A key figure in the New Jersey bridge scandal that has led to investigations into Gov. Chris Christie’s administration will attend the State of the Union speech.
Congressman Bill Pascrell has invited Fort Lee Mayor Mark Sokolich (SAHK’-oh-lich) to the House chamber for Tuesday’s address.
Pascrell says he’s not trying to send a message about the bridge scandal.
The Democrat tells The Record (http://bit.ly/1k0uvPk ) newspaper that he invited someone from Passaic County last year and wanted to ask someone from Bergen County this year. Pascrell says the mayor has exhibited a “standup attitude” on the bridge issue.
Officials are examining whether key Christie appointees ordered traffic lanes in Fort Lee leading to the George Washington Bridge closed because the mayor wouldn’t endorse the Republican governor’s re-election campaign.
Information from: The Record (Woodland Park, N.J.), http://www.northjersey.com
TWT Video Picks
By Isaac Orr
New carbon-dioxide rules would put America in the dark
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors