- New Mexico decides to use HealthCare.gov for 2015
- Satanists to use Hobby Lobby rule to skirt state abortion laws
- White House: No choice but to act now on climate change
- HHS: ‘Donut hole’ reforms saved Medicare enrollees $11.5 billion since 2010
- Boston-area tornado rips 100 homes: ‘Are we in Kansas?’
- Rush Limbaugh: ‘There is no journalism anymore’
- Scott Brown struggles for political traction in New Hampshire Senate race
- California’s Jerry Brown cites God, ‘religious call’ to embrace illegals
- Hamid Karzai’s cousin killed by suicide bomber at Eid al-Fitr party
- Obama thanks Muslims for ‘building the very fabric of our nation’
Hundreds of Mich. schools cancel classes amid cold
Question of the Day
ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) - The University of Michigan, Eastern Michigan University and Central Michigan University are among hundreds of schools across the state canceling classes due dangerously cold weather.
The University of Michigan says Tuesday marks the first time since 1978 that the Ann Arbor campus hasn’t had classes due to weather. Campus operations will continue. The University of Michigan Health System is keeping its hospitals and clinics open.
Wayne State University closed due to dangerously cold wind chill temperatures and Oakland University also canceled classes and events. Grand Valley State University closed all of its campuses. And Northern Michigan University in the Upper Peninsula shut down.
Hundreds of elementary, middle and high schools closed across the state.
Michigan State University and Western Michigan University bucked the trend with plans to hold classes Tuesday.
TWT Video Picks
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia's gay marriage ban
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq