- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
HURT: Meet Preet — Obama’s hatchet man against filmmakers
Question of the Day
Even the Russians seemed to admire the brazenness of Mr. Bharara’s retribution.
Perhaps these are all just coincidences. a Schumer protege often mentioned as a potential Holder successor just always happens to be in the right place at the right time to deliver his powerful position to rain misery on the administration’s enemies or provide them shelter.
Certainly, Mr. D'Souza very well may be guilty. Same with the Russian diplomats. And perhaps the Indian attache really needed to be strip-searched.
But a filmmaker skirting campaign donation limits does not tear at the fabric of this nation of laws. Russians cheating our welfare system is not a constitutional crisis.
A constitutional crisis that tears the fabric of this nation of laws is a federal prosecutor who uses his office to advance political vendettas. Sadly, it is all too believable given Mr. Obama’s utter disregard for the constitution and his administration’s willingness to use any lever of government power to intimidate, harass and persecute political enemies.
• Charles Hurt can be reached at email@example.com and @charleshurt on Twitter.
About the Author
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Inside the Beltway: Immigration rage festers on all sides
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Hillary Clinton: I was indeed 'dead broke,' but shouldn't have said so
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world