- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Many schools in Michigan remain shut amid cold
Question of the Day
DETROIT (AP) - Many schools in Michigan are closed for another day as dangerously cold temperatures linger across the state.
The list of closings isn’t as long Wednesday as it was on Tuesday, with schools including the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Eastern Michigan University in Ypsilanti, Wayne State University in Detroit and Central Michigan University in Mount Pleasant holding classes.
The University of Michigan said Tuesday marked the first time since 1978 that the Ann Arbor campus didn’t hold classes due to weather.
Still, hundreds of Michigan elementary, middle and high schools were shut. All Detroit public schools are closed Wednesday for another day. Students in Flint Community Schools on Wednesday had their third consecutive day off because of cold weather.
Some other school districts that shut down Tuesday were reopening.
TWT Video Picks
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- SOWELL:Bordering on immigration madness
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq