- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Md. man charged in attack on wife, 72, with hammer
Question of the Day
ESSEX, Md. (AP) - Baltimore County police say an Essex man has been charged with attacking his 72-year-old wife with a hammer.
Officers were called to a home on Carvel Grove Road for a report of an assault on Sunday and found the woman with a head wound. She was taken to an area hospital for treatment, but police say her current condition is unknown.
Police say 75-year-old Pal Yong Yi and his wife were arguing at their home when he repeatedly struck her in the head with a hammer. Yi was still on the scene when police arrived and was taken into custody.
Yi is charged with attempted first-degree murder and assault and is being held without bail.
TWT Video Picks
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Inside the Beltway: Republican posse rides out to fire Harry Reid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- KUHNER: Will Russia-Ukraine be Europe's next war?
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq