- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Ventura $1.8M in defamation case
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
- Hillary: ‘Dead broke’ comment was ‘inartful,’ but insists it was ‘accurate’
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
Miley Cyrus duets with Madonna for MTV special
Question of the Day
While her whittled stomach and occasional crotch-grabs compete for attention, Cyrus really can sing, and it shows on her episode of “MTV Unplugged,” airing Wednesday.
Cyrus taped the acoustic concert Tuesday on a Hollywood soundstage, performing stripped-down versions of selected songs from her latest album, “Bangerz,” and closing with a booty-slapping duet with Madonna.
“So, it sounds super lame, but as a pop star it’s pretty cool performing with Madonna,” the 21-year-old said after singing a mash-up of Madonna’s 2000 track “Don’t Tell Me” and Cyrus‘ hit “We Can’t Stop.” Cyrus spanks the 55-year-old Queen of Pop during the duet, which made Madonna’s Britney Spears kiss feel like it was way more than 10 years ago.
“I’m from Nashville,” she said. “And since I couldn’t make all of you guys go back home with me, I tried to bring Nashville here for the night.”
Cyrus also includes elements from her more recent shows: a little person, a giant woman and two men in a horse costume. She works in a fair amount of curse words, tongue extensions and sultry moves as she performs songs including “Wrecking Ball,” ”Adore You” and “Drive.”
“I feel like I’m at karaoke, but it’s only my turn,” she said, “which is what I really like.”
Follow AP Entertainment Writer Sandy Cohen at www.twitter.com/APSandy .
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- California's Jerry Brown cites God, 'religious call' to embrace illegals
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Appeals court upholds Obamacare tax as constitutional
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world