- Hamid Karzai’s cousin killed by suicide bomber at Eid al-Fitr party
- Obama thanks Muslims for ‘building the very fabric of our nation’
- Israel flattens home of top Hamas leader, takes out power plant
- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
New Mexico takes care of Utah State 78-65
Question of the Day
LOGAN, Utah (AP) - Cameron Bairstow scored 22 points and grabbed six rebounds as New Mexico ran past Utah State 78-65 Tuesday night.
Kendall Williams had 16 for New Mexico (16-4, 7-1 Mountain West Conference) while Deshawn Delaney and Cullen Neal each added 12. New Mexico has yet to lose a conference game on the road this season.
Utah State (12-8, 2-6 MWC) was led by Jarred Shaw with 15 points and seven rebounds, Preston Medlin added 13 and Kyle Davis 10.
Trailing by eight points at halftime, USU got the score to 54-52 on a Medlin 3-pointer with 9:34 left. But New Mexico met every Aggie challenge late with inside baskets from Bairstow. The Lobos scored 36 points in the paint and 15 off of second chances.
New Mexico was 16 of 19 from the free-throw line in the game, many of them coming in the final minutes as USU was forced to foul.
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq