- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Price gets 3rd shoutout, Canadiens beat Hurricanes
Carolina had won four in a row coming in and 10 of their last 13. The strong play had helped the Hurricanes jump four places in the Metropolitan Division in January, good for the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.
The Canadiens, meanwhile, were coming off a 5-0 rout against Washington last Saturday, and had been outscored 19-5 during their skid. Montreal had also allowed at least four goals in each of their last six games.
“As a group we knew what we needed to do,” Price said. “There’s no question that we talked about it enough, and it was time to do it.
“We played with a lot of confidence tonight. … It came down to us just willing to win.”
Rene Bourque, who had only one assist coming in, started the tic-tac-toe play when he found Josh Gorges in the clear to Hurricanes goalie Anton Khudobin’s right. Gorges, who finished the game with a team-high seven blocked shots, quickly passed the puck to Prust, who beat the Hurricanes‘ goalie with a wrist shot under the blocker for his fifth of the season.
“My goals are usually when crashing the net, going off my leg or something,” Prust said. “This was a good one to get.”
Pacioretty added an easy tap-in at 1:41 of the second for his 22nd of the year to make it 3-0.
Therrien praised his team, but also the way they approached the recent bad form.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Former Blue Angels commander relieved of duty for alleged misconduct
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.