- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
St. Francis edges Sacred Heart 83-78
Question of the Day
FAIRFIELD, Conn. (AP) - Brent Jones scored a career-high 28 points and had eight assists in St. Francis’ 83-78 win over Sacred Heart on Wednesday.
Averaging just 6.1 point per game entering the contest, Jones has now scored at least 20 points in consecutive games. In his 20 previous games this season, Jones had only reached double-digits three times -with a high of 12. He made nine of his 13 shots and all eight of his free throw attempts against Sacred Heart.
Jalen Cannon added 21 points, on 7-of-12 shooting, for St. Francis (13-9, 4-3 Northeast Conference), while Ben Mockford scored 10. Mockford’s two 3-pointers tied him for 3rd in school history with 222 career makes.
Evan Kelley scored 20 points for Sacred Heart (4-18, 1-6), De’von Barnett had 12, Chris Evans and Louis Montes added 11 apiece and Cole Walton made 5 of 7 shots for 10 points.
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Cutler wins endorsement from gun control group
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq