- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
SUPER BOWL: Profiles of key players
Question of the Day
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) - Projected starters and key players for the Super Bowl:
Russell Wilson, QB (3), 5-11, 206, 2nd season, Wisconsin
Holds NFL record for wins at start of career with 24 … Third-round draftee who immediately seized starting job and led Seattle to 2012 playoffs … Dynamic runner who excels throwing on the run … Poised in the pocket, very dangerous outside of it … Played at North Carolina State, then one year at Wisconsin as grad student.
Marshawn Lynch, RB, (24) 5-11, 215, 7th season, California
“Beast Mode” with a penchant for Skittles … Powerful back with a burst, broke 40-yard TD run in NFC title game … Rushed for 1,257 yards and 12 TDs this season … Also a threat as receiver out of backfield.
Michael Robinson, FB (26), 6-1, 240, 8th season, Penn State
Former college QB who made transition to RB and now fullback … Cut in preseason after three years with Seahawks, then re-signed in October … Also has excelled on special teams.
Doug Baldwin, WR (89), 5-10, 189, 3rd season, Stanford
Undrafted out of college, plays with an attitude about it … Can get deep but is not a speed demon … Versatile, made a 69-yard kickoff return in NFC title game … Wilson looks for him in key situations.
Golden Tate, WR (81), 5-10, 202, 4th season, Notre Dame
Makes some spectacular catches and is a deep threat … Second-round pick in 2010 who also plays doesn’t back down … Led team with 64 catches, 898 yards and had five TDs this season … Made infamous TD catch vs. Green Bay in 2013 that was last call by replacement officials.
Jermaine Kearse, WR (15), 6-1, 209, 2nd season, Washington
Caught winning TD pass in NFC title game for 35 yards on fourth down in final quarter … Undrafted in 2012, played in seven games as rookie with only three receptions. Took over third receiving spot with injuries to Percy Harvin and Sidney Rice, had 15.7-yard average on 22 catches four TDs.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Australia issues arrest warrant for men believed to be homegrown ISIL terrorists
- Iraq Christians get meeting with top Obama aide
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors