- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
UIC going alone in effort to land Obama library
Question of the Day
CHICAGO (AP) - Despite Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s suggestion the city make a unified bid for President Barack Obama’s presidential library, the University of Illinois at Chicago says it will work on its own bid.
UIC spokesman Bill Burton told the Chicago Sun-Times (http://bit.ly/MctYhr ) the university is developing a proposal it will submit that will “leverage all of the strengths of the university, the city and the state” to land the Obama library.
Chicago State University, the University of Chicago and a Bronzeville neighborhood group have expressed interest in being home to the library. The University of Hawaii and Columbia University in New York reportedly are also interested in the library.
Last week, Emanuel said he doesn’t expect Chicago will win the library “based on some sentiment toward the city.”
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world