- Dutch receiving Malaysia plane bodies irked at Putin’s daughter in Holland
- Algerian airplane goes missing over Mali: ‘Emergency plan’ launched
- Colorado judge strikes voter-backed gay marriage ban, but issues stay
- Brooklyn Bridge flag-swapping suspects identified by nickname
- Christian woman in Sudan spared for apostasy flies to Italy
- Iraq: 60 dead in attack on prisoner convoy
- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
Bikes may not be allowed on Wis. snowmobile trails
Question of the Day
MADISON, Wis. (AP) - The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources is warning cycling enthusiasts that so-called “fat” bikes may not be allowed on snowmobile trails.
Fat bikes have wide, low-pressure tires designed for pedaling on snow and sand. Cyclists can use them on DNR state trails that allow biking at other times of the year unless that trial is open for cross-country skiing.
But DNR officials says most of the state’s snowmobile trail system runs through county, federal or private land that may prohibit bicycle use. The agency says winter cyclists should check their favorite trail’s regulations before heading out.
Brigit Brown is the DNR state trails coordinator. She says fat bike cyclists operating legally on snowmobile trials should still watch out for snowmobiles that might be traveling at high speeds.
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Algerian airplane goes missing over Mali: 'Emergency plan' launched
- Despite rhetoric, gun prosecutions plummet under Obama
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- CROWLEY: The good-time president
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Hezbollah in Syria could join fight against Israel
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- EDITORIAL: Poor Hillary, rock-star wannabe
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq