- Extra-time goal gives Germany World Cup title over Argentina
- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
DVF will team up with St. Vincent at fashion show
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - It’ll be music to the ears of fashionistas. Literally.
The singer St. Vincent will give a live performance at designer Diane von Furstenberg’s Fashion Week runway show on Feb. 9 in New York, debuting songs from her new self-titled album, which comes out some two weeks later.
The event, which will include an additional performance after the runway show, is being sponsored by American Express as part of a yearlong partnership with von Furstenberg to celebrate the 40th anniversary of her iconic wrap dress. For those not lucky enough to snag a ticket to the runway show, the event will be live streamed on AmexUnstaged.com and DVF.com.
The event is part of “American Express Unstaged,” launched in the summer of 2010 in partnership with VEVO and YouTube, to showcase “breakthrough artists playing at landmark venues across the world, using digital and social media to connect the online audience to the live shows in unexpected ways,” according to American Express.
Last September, singer Janelle Monae performed at the runway show of designer Rebecca Minkoff as part of the same program.
The DVF runway show and concert will be held at Spring Studios in downtown Manhattan.
TWT Video Picks
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
- DOJ investigates Nebraska parade float critical of Obama
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Agency scrubs Malia Obama photos at White House's request: report
- New York City creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
- Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi formerly a U.S. captive
- CURL: The hypocrisy of Obama's 15-day Vineyard vacation
- Germany wins World Cup title on Mario Goetze goal in extra time
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Economists see signs of another market bubble
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs