- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Former gov candidate was vying for UW president
MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Former gubernatorial candidate Mark Green was in the running for University of Wisconsin System president.
A selection committee chose Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education Vice Chancellor Peter Garland, Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education President Robert King and UW-Extension and UW Colleges Chancellor Ray Cross as finalists. The Board of Regents hired Cross earlier this month.
System records released on Thursday show David Wilson, who once worked as UW-Extension and UW Colleges chancellor and now serves as president at Morgan State University, and Green, a Republican who unsuccessfully ran for governor in 2006 rounded out the top five candidates.
System officials said Wilson, the only black candidate in the top five, withdrew himself from consideration. Green didn’t get enough votes from a search committee to be considered a finalist.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.