- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Inside the Beltway: Romney is the ‘parking lot’ for GOP voters
Question of the Day
• 94 percent of Americans give Congress a negative job performance review.
• 59 percent overall give a negative review of Republicans in Congress; 9 percent give them a positive review, 32 percent are “not familiar” with them.
• 56 percent give a negative review of House Speaker John A. Boehner; 12 percent give them a positive review, 32 percent are not familiar with him.
• 55 percent give a negative review of House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi; 17 percent give her a positive review, 28 percent are not familiar with her.
• 54 percent give a negative review of Democrats in Congress; 16 percent give them a positive review, 29 percent are not familiar with them.
• 45 percent give a negative review of Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid; 12 percent give him a positive review, 43 percent are not familiar with him.
• 38 percent overall give a negative review of Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell; 7 percent give them a positive review, 54 percent are not familiar with him.
Source: A Harris Poll of 2,236 U.S. adults conducted Jan. 15-20.
• Commentary to jharperwashingtontimes.com; follow her at Twitter.com/harperbulletin
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Pot reluctance: Presidential hopefuls get skittish talking about weed
- Inside the Beltway: Bolton bolsters the 'national security' candidate
- Got justice? 60 percent of Americans say Supreme Court 'gets too mixed up in politics'
- Inside the Beltway: What will become of the Obama legacy?
- Journalists to Obama: Whatever happened to that new 'era of openness'?
Latest Blog Entries
- A startling 20 percent of Democratic lawmakers already endorse Hillary Clinton for president
- Hey food police: calling obesity a 'disease' is actually a health risk
- Cheese and an 'enhanced experience': White House goes showbiz on the State of the Union address
- Cruz calls it a 'circus': the State of the Union spectacle begins
- Half of American fans say God and 'supernatural' forces are in play during sports events
TWT Video Picks
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- DOJ investigates Norfolk parade float critical of Obama
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- NASCAR TV contract back to NBC in 2015, leaving ESPN, Turner Sports
- Google Glass-equipped rifles can fire around corners: It's 'mind-blowing when you actually do it'
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs