- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Mental health review for suspect in RI puppy case
Question of the Day
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) - A state judge has ordered a mental health evaluation for a Pawtucket woman charged with abandoning her puppy in a trash bin.
Thirty-two-year-old Jennifer McRae appeared Wednesday in Providence District Court and was ordered to undergo the evaluation.
Police say McRae left the 10-week-old Jack Russell terrier locked in a pet crate in a trash bin in Pawtucket Dec. 19. Authorities say the dog was found cold, hungry, dehydrated and dirty. It has been adopted by a family in Lincoln.
Police say McRae told them she bought the puppy and gave it away to a friend because her landlord didn’t allow pets. Officers say they determined the friend was fictitious and arrested McRae. She has pleaded not guilty to animal cruelty and abandonment.
McRae is free on $2,500 personal recognizance.
TWT Video Picks
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- BERMAN & MADYOON: An Iranian-Turkish reset
- MAY: Barbarians at Jordan's gate
- EDITORIAL: Obamacare in intensive care
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq