- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Montana defeats Southern Utah 69-61
CEDAR CITY, Utah (AP) - Kareem Jamar scored 25 points as Montana defeated Southern Utah 69-61 on Thursday night, giving Wayne Tinkle his 150th victory as Grizzlies head coach.
Jordan Gregory added 15 points, Keron DeShields 12 and Mario Dunn 11 for Montana (9-9, 4-5 Big Sky). The Grizzlies made 7 of 16 3-point attempts.
Southern Utah (1-17, 0-9) tumbled to its 17th straight loss. The Thunderbirds have lost their last four games by an average of six points.
The Thunderbirds led 25-22 at halftime and were up by six early in the second half but the game tightened from there. The Grizzlies took the lead for good on two free throws by Andy Martin to go up 53-52 with 4:57 left which started a 14-5 run that left Montana up 67-57 with 33 seconds remaining.
Trey Kennedy scored 17 points, hitting 11 of 14 free throws, and Casey Oliverson 14 for the Thunderbirds.
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.