- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Mount St. Mary’s tops FDU 87-82 in overtime
EMMITSBURG, Md. (AP) - Rashad Whack had 23 points and 10 rebounds and Julian Norfleet had 17 points and 11 assists on Thursday night in Mount St. Mary’s 87-82 overtime victory over Fairleigh Dickinson.
Mount St. Mary’s (8-12, 4-3 Northeast Conference) opened the overtime period on a 10-2 run and extended its lead to 85-73 with 48 seconds left.
The Mountaineers had needed an 11-2 run at the end of regulation to force overtime. Sam Prescott’s 3-pointer with 6 seconds left pulled the Mountaineers even with Fairleigh Dickinson at 69-69. Sidney Sanders Jr. had a chance to win the game for FDU in the final second, but missed a layup.
Sanders led FDU (8-13, 4-3) with 21 points. Xavier Harris and Matt MacDonald each added 11 points and Mustafaa Jones had 10.
Sanders‘ 3-pointer with 3:46 left in regulation put FDU up 67-58; the Mount outscored FDU 29-15 from there.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Depth, distance reduce impact of California quake
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- New faces finding ways to win on the PGA Tour
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Prosecutors: Gray had firsthand knowledge of 'shadow campaign'
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again