- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
UNLV cruises past San Jose State 70-46
Question of the Day
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) - Roscoe Smith notched his 14th double-double, tied for the most in the nation, and UNLV rolled over San Jose State 70-46 on Wednesday night.
Smith, the nation’s leading rebounder coming into the game with 12.2 per game, had 15 boards and 12 points in the victory over the Spartans. Deville Smith and Bryce Dejean-Jones scored 13 points each for the Runnin’ Rebels (14-7, 5-3 Mountain West), who won their third straight game in leading from start to finish.
Jaleel Williams scored 16 points and grabbed nine rebounds for San Jose State, which shot just 28.8 percent from the field, making just 3 of 21 3-point attempts. Rashad Muhammad added 13 points.
The Spartans (6-15, 0-9) have lost nine straight games and are still looking for their first Mountain West victory in their first year in the conference. This was the first meeting between the two programs since 1997.
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Cutler wins endorsement from gun control group
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq