- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Western Illinois pulls away from IUPUI 69-54
Question of the Day
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - Garret Covington had 17 points and 9 rebounds as Western Illinois pulled away in the second half for a 69-54 win over IUPUI on Thursday.
Covington hit 5 of 7 shots and all six of his free throws to lead the Leathernecks (9-12, 3-3 Summit League). Michael Ochereobia added 13 points and Mike Miklusak 10.
Ja’Rob Mcallum led the Jaguars (5-18, 0-6) with 18 points and Khufu Najee had 14, hitting 7 of 9 shots. IUPUI has lost six straight.
Western Illinois hit 13 of 15 free throws, 8 of 9 in the second half, while the Jags went just 2 of 8 from the line. Western also had a 35-23 rebounding advantage.
The Leathernecks led 23-21 at the half.
Najee’s fast-break layup with 10:45 to play cut WIU’s lead to 46-40 but Adam Link made a layup and Miklusak made back-to-back 3’s and IUPUI never recovered.
Senate majority leader practices politics of personal destruction
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Obama seeks brisk passage of border children funding bill
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: 'Get yourself some firearms'
- Bloomberg: Pro-gun towns must lack roads
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- Amid border crisis, Obama to take 15-day vacation in Martha's Vineyard
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs