- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
2 professors charged by SEC in complex scheme
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - The Securities and Exchange Commission says two college professors were running a complex scheme that resulted in more than $400,000 in illegal profits.
Colak is an assistant finance professor at Florida State University. Kostov was a professor at the College of Engineering jointly run by FSU and Florida A&M; University. An FSU official said Kostov left the college in 2012.
FSU had been unaware of the investigation until Friday and the school was now “looking into it.”
An attorney for Colak told the Tallahassee Democrat that his client did not knowingly violate the law but opted to settle the charges to avoid an expensive legal battle.
TWT Video Picks
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- Warren Buffett's son to spend $23.7 million in effort to save South African rhinos
- Justice Department refuses info on hundreds of prosecutor misconduct cases
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- PRUDEN: Sink sank own campaign in Florida special election
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again