- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Aguero out for a month with hamstring injury
MANCHESTER, England (AP) - Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero has been ruled out for about a month with a hamstring injury.
Aguero, who has 26 goals this season as City has soared to the top of the English Premier League with rampant displays of attacking football, is expected to sit out the first leg of the Champions League last-16 match against Barcelona as well as Premier League and FA Cup games against Chelsea.
Aguero picked up the injury while sprinting for a ball during a 5-1 thrashing of Tottenham midweek. The Argentine player had already been sidelined for a month with a calf injury this season.
City manager Manuel Pellegrini says “Sergio is a top player for us but I think we can replace him.”
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Depth, distance reduce impact of California quake
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again