- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Astros RHP Mark Appel has appendectomy
HOUSTON (AP) - Houston Astros right-hander Mark Appel, the top overall pick in the 2013 draft, is recovering after an appendectomy.
Appel had the procedure in Houston in Thursday. General manager Jeff Luhnow says the team expects the pitcher will be able to report to spring training on time.
The Astros also announced that left-hander Raul Valdes had arthroscopic surgery on his left knee this week. Valdes will report to camp on Feb. 15, but his recovery time is estimated at four to six weeks. Valdes was claimed off waivers from Philadelphia in October.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- 'Deport Bieber' petition draws no comment from White House
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.